Dienstag, 15. März 2011

Matthau Mikojan : Excited little guy

Musician Matthau Mikojans' 2 golden rules
"My soul-world changes with every day and every moment. When it is dark then it is totally dark and when it is positive then it is totally positive", Matthau ponders.
The pieces of Matthau Mikojans new Album “Hell or Highwater” guides into the soul life of the musician but also bring along stories about others real lives, such as a serial killer's.
Albums by Matthau Mikojan were published “Matthau Mikojan (2008)” and “Mania for Life” (2009).
“On this record are more rock ballads than earlier. It is basic Rock'n Roll. Nothing heavy!”
The songs are penned by Mikojan. Arrangements are made together with the bands drummer Simo Stenman and bass player Janne Sundvall.

Mikojan started being on stage already as a 17-years old. He was a part of the band Bloodpit as a guitarist and singer before the Band broke up in the year 2007.
Behind the artist name there is found the guy called Matti Mikkonen.
“ I took an artist name when I was a teenager, so the first name came from the last name of my favourite actor Walther Matthau and the last name comes from a Russian politician's name Anastasia Mikojan."
Mikojan tours a lot abroad, like in Germany and Russia.
“To my regret I can say that we get more applause there than here.
I had hoped it would be more popular in Finland.
To me was said why I am not doing music in Finnish. It is not a bad thought but I am not able to do this when I have always done it in English.
It's not my thing.”
Even the thoughts roll in English.
“Sometimes I though about my application as a translator.”

The, at the end of March completing the 29th year old Mikojan feels like a excited little boy.
“I went to the car -(=drivers licence) school. Suddenly I wanted back to the road and now I do my driverslicence.
My wish is to get the licence so that I can go with my brother to the gig in Elimäki on 9th of April.”
Despite of his young age there were a few losses in his life.
He was only 4 years old when his own father, Popedas' original Guitar player Tapani “Arwo” Mikkonen died of sudden illness in the middle of Sound-check.
Maybe this life experiences led to the wise and immediate golden rules of Matthau fitting to everyone/everything.
"- Don't take yourself so serious. What's that when one's hair is sticking out, it is nothing dangerous.
Be present here in the moment is the second rule. It is not worth to make 2 steps to the front and look out for tomorrow. It can be that tomorrow doesn't come necessarily."


Source: "Tori - 10/2011" Satu Hakala
© Translation: Schmauseline Glitter

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen